Positions: 4 Full-time internship for 4 months
Employer/location: 2 at International Secretariat for Water, Khujand, Tadjikistan and 2
at Taraqqiyot, Ferghana, Uzbekistan
Scholarship: 500$/ month
Deadline for applications: November 30, 2021
Start of internship: January, 2022 (to be discussed)
The global water crisis has been identified as one of the top risks for peace in many regions of the world, including Central Asia. Since more than 20 years, the International Secretariat for Water implement a Rural Water Supply program in the Ferghana Valley. With this program, ISW wish to improve the health and well-being of rural populations by providing stable access to water and sanitation services. Improving in-home hygiene behaviours. Building a rural water and supply and sanitation sector with complete autonomy. By constructing pilot water supply systems, we aim to show that it is possible to serve peoples' water needs, improve public toilet coverage and establish effective and efficient community-based management. A tariff that covers all costs ensures that the system is sustainably managed and developed over time. On the other hand, we also work with youth of the region to mobilize and empower the youth in Central Asia by supporting the Central Asia Youth 4 Water.
In order to strengthen this movement and offer opportunities to members of this network to learn from the expertise of the project, we opened 4 internship opportunities of 4 months.
2. Responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
· Supporting community mobilization:
- Foster community involvement in the RWS program for increased community buy in and community commitment to the project.
- Maintain relationships with communities and ensure timely information sharing on community mobilization and events supported by RWS program.
- Liaising with community members and project staff.
· Communication and outreach:
- Help developing material and communication tools;
- Help promoting results and activities of the program.
- Connecting to relevant existing youth movements / networks in the region.
- Co-develop a webinar with the other internes, ISW and CAY4W regional coordinators.
· Support the organization of a youth regional dialogue:
- Work in collaboration with the regional coordinators of CAY4W
- Help develop the program
- Help mobilize young participants
- Connect with local communities
- Support the logistical aspect
Financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation under its Blue Peace Central Asia initiative, the Central Asia Youth 4 Water is based in 6 countries. The activities are developed with support from the German-Kazakh University and the International Secretariat for Water.
The internships will be host by the International Secretariat for Water office based in Tajikistan or by Taraqqiyot based in Ferghana, Uzbekistan
4. Requirement for candidates:
· Bachelor or equivalent degree in a related field
· Capacity to work closely with local communities et
· Proven project application and implementation skills
· Proven excellent leadership skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
· Experience in working in a team-oriented, international and collaborative environment
· Working knowledge of MS Office package and of project management tools
· Professional and respectful behavior and attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Russian and knowledge of English
Please submit your application (in English) including the reference Internship – ISW/CAY4W containing a Cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining the motivation of the candidate for the vacant position & Curriculum Vitae (CV) by email to Lyazzat Syrlybayeva (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cholpon Aitakhunova (email@example.com) until November 30, 2021.
Please note that only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted for interview. Thank you very much for your interest.